CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Soon to be reunited, again!


St. Louis, MO Temple 2006

Just had to say: I'm excited that DAVE is coming home on Thursday! He has been working out of state for the winter, and it has been lonely here. He has a one way ticket HOME! I will pick him up from the airport in less that 48 hours (who's counting?). There is always something to be learned from our experiences, and I believe I have learned to appreciate Dave more. There are so many things I miss about him. He makes me laugh....I miss that. He has really good insights into life and what is going on....I miss hearing those spontaneously. He is FUN and helpful....I miss that. His perfect sense of direction when we travel....I miss that. He has a great perspective on life (to me it is like sunshine...that essential to daily life)....I really MISS that!

This has been quite the experience, with him working out of state for so long. Life just seems very FLAT without Dave. Kind of like the spice is gone. So, I am looking forward to the JOY of having him back home. And I hope I remember to appreciate him more!!!



6 comments:

Tricia said...

How exciting! We are excited to come see BOTH Grandma and Grandpa! I'm glad he will FINALLY be home, we missed him too.

Tricia said...

WARNING: Do not click on guhn's comment. You may get a virus. This happened to my friend. MOM DELETE HIS COMMENT!

Craig said...

HOORAY! I'm so glad dad is coming home!!! Your post made my tear up...I am an emotional one! I'm excited to be able to talk to dad more often, and I'm glad that the "help desk" is back. I have found myself in a fluster at times just wanting to call and ask advice or a random question b/c dad knows everything! We all love and appreciate you DAD! We will see you next weekend in VEGAS!

Cyndi said...

P.S. obviously that comment that says "Craig" was actually by CYNDI...I just didn't sign in under my name...opps

Monson Family said...

So much fun! We are excited for Grandpa to be back! Too bad WE won't get to see him! Mom, I hope you enjoy having the "SPICE" back!! ;)

Sharon said...

Claudia, I know you are happy that Dave is home; and he is home because I am posting at 1:22am Friday! Looking forward to see you both in Salt Lake! Do we know if we are doing anything after the graduation? It is something to celebrate!