CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Claudia is back-to-school

Well, after a 4 year hiatus, I decided to hit the books and finish this bachelors degree of mine. I am doing my last 4 classes on-line with a compressed schedule. I should be finished by my birthday. I will be graduating from Ashford University in Ohio. This is where I began finishing up my degree requirements several years ago. I only had one class to go (they changed the requirements so now it is 4 classes).

I took a break the holidays and then for the birth of our first three grandkids.....each class is a short 5 weeks...very compressed and intense: requires time and attention. I just could not focus on school, when something so wonderful and GREAT was happening in our lives! That is ALL I wanted to focus on at the time! We were becoming grandparents and I wanted to relish in that 'world'...not school.

Anyway, that break lasted way longer than it should have, but the good thing is I am on the home stretch to this long awaited goal. So between 2 weeks ago and Oct. 12th, I have been and will be intensely involved in this project each day after my workday is over. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

GOOD LUCK MOMMY DEAREST! not that you need it...you are amazing! I am so proud of you for making this goal and going for it. You are so awesome! 143!

Monson Family said...

WooHoo! Go Mom!! I proud of you! Good luck with all your hard work! I KNOW you can do it!

Gramma Stewie said...

THANKS, girls! My girls are my inspiration! If you can do it, I can do it....I can't wait until my birthday (I will be done!). Two reason's to look forward to Oct. 12th! Ohhh, remembering with GREAT FONDNESS my FANTASTIC B'DAY last year!!!!!!!!!! THE BEST B"DAY EVER!!!!!! WITH THE BEST GIRLS AND GRANDKIDS EVER TOO!!!!!!

Tara said...

YOU ROCK!!! Love you...and YOU are inspiring!

Sharon said...

Claudia, I think it is so great that you're going to finish your degree. They say (whoever "they" is) that life really begins at our age! Let me know if that is true!LOL Best of luck to you