CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A new TARGET is opening in Ventura



I read in the paper today, that the new Target (in Pacific View Mall) will be opening next Tuesday, March 4th. It is where the old Rob-May was. The paper says this is a new tradition for malls all over the USA, to add non-traditional anchor stores. It is just short of a Super Target, and only lacks produce, a bakery and a deli. If it had those 3 things, it would have been a super-Target....but then our fair city would not have allowed it to be here. The city council is bigtime NO BIG BOX retail. WalMart has been trying for YEARS to get in to Ventura. They even own the recently closed KMart building and pad. But our city has put so many restrictions on them, it has been impossible for them to develop it. I hope they are getting close! We need a decent WalMart.....our Oxnard one is trashed. We need one here in Ventura! I like WalMart everywhere else I go, but NOT here...yucky and dirty. So here's hoping.

215 new jobs were created by this store's opening. Ventura should make about $500,000 a year in new taxes. They are not worried abou the other Target being less than one mile away. They say it will remain open, since it is the highest seller of the county.

6 comments:

David Stewart said...

I am impressed you put the the target logo in the post! It will be interesting to see the new layout.

David

Monson Family said...

What is up! That's so nice! You gotta love Target! The more the merrier!

Tricia said...

You're beginning to be a pro at all this blog stuff! More Targets the better minus all the money we spend there on who knows what! My friend is "giving up" Target for lent! Too funny. Happy shopping.

Cyndi said...

Exciting! I can't wait to see it...by the way you are going to love the shopping cart escalators they are so fun we have one at our Wal-Mart. Have fun SHOPPING

Tara said...

I'm still tripping out that there is a TARGET at the MALL! It's just wierd to me still. But I see the marketing logic behind it. Well, even though the two Targets are super close, that still puts this new one as easier to run to from YOUR house. (The other one, I'm always like: "Which way should I drive? Take Mills or Victoria?" Now I won't have to choose!)
I'm just WAITING for the SuperTarget to open un by ME now!!!!

Sharon said...

Claudia,
I love your blog; how did you get the background? I am just kind of fumbling through mine and not really loving it very much!*S* Wish we had a TARGET in Walla Walla! Our City only seems to want the wine industry coming in and our Mall( if you can call it that) is dead! It's nice to catch with you by reading your blog.